If you’re an iPhone Artist than you must know of the site, P1xelsatExhibition.com. Well, if you don’t, it is the largest collection of curated iPhonic art. Many great iPhoneographers have gotten their start by being apart of the P1xels community. Now, Knox Bronson, the man behind P1xels, is relaunching the site. He’s given tirelessly to the iPhoneography movement and now he and his team are asking you for your support in realizing P1xels 2.0. By donating you instantly become eligible for some really cool one-of-a-kind prizes!
From the press release:
P1xels—The Art of the iPhone, has launched an Indiegogo Campaign to finance the long anticipated revamping of our website to create a wonderful new user experience for both the public and for our artists. P1xels remains the only curated iPhone art site, dedicated to the promotion of artists and their work, and the iPhonic art movement itself, one picture at a time. P1xels new site, built with the most modern tools and coding, will offer a whole new experience for creators and consumers of the most exciting art form on the planet.
The Indiegogo campaign runs through the month of August.
Future plans include opening the site to other mobile phone platforms after the launch. We have been impeded from such a move prior to this time due to our unique curation process. P1xels could barely keep up with the iPhone submissions. The new site alleviates many time constraints, although P1xels will remain curated on the front end.
The link to the current Indiegogo campaign is http://www.indiegogo.com/P1xels.
We have a wonderful selection of rewards for contributors, from prints, to t-shirts, music, digital downloads, and more.
Below is a list of features that will be implemented in the new site. It is a transformational change that will allow for vastly increased interactivity, elegant site navigation, article/artist/gallery feature presentatios, artist tools, and so. We have been planning this for a while and we have listened to everyone who has written with feature requests.
This site rebuild will allow us to add some amazing features we have on the drawing boards down the road, as well.
Please visit the campaign page, check out the wonderful contributor rewards, share with your friends, get the word out. Thanks to everybody for your support and good thoughts! —Knox Bronson (Curator, Publisher of P1xels)
P1xels 2.0 website Features
1. Retina display support for iPad, iPhone, and any other Retina-display ready devices.
2. Touch-enabled navigation for mobile devices
- Modern html5 and css3 responsive design (adapts to any size screen)
- A really cool new navigation interface for exploring our wonderful and huge collection of curated images, as well as galleries, interviews, and articles
- Built-in uploading from iphone/ipad (eventually will support other mobile devices)
3. Improved sharing features for site visitors and artists:
4. Improved artist features on the site:
- profile pages
- artist galleries (P1xels will always remain curated on the front end, but we want artists to have the opportunity to show more of their work)
- friend list
- discussion boards/forums
- submission queue (see what you’ve submitted, and what has been accepted)
5. Facebook integration for registration & login
6. E-commerce for prints & merchandise