Helsinki, Finland / London, UK, 14th March 2013 11am GMT – Launched globally today is Repix, a new iOS app designed to inspire creativity in its users by offering them a selection of style brushes which are used to remix photos. Users are able to select a photo of their choice, remix it with the unique brushes and than share with the world.
Available to download for free from the App Store, Repix is aimed at iPhone and iPad users who are passionate about photos and bursting with artistic flair. When filters don’t cut it anymore, remixing photos with Repix offers users the chance to express themselves.
Remixing allows users to take multiple perspectives upon the same photo. User can take an original photo and add their own take on it creating something completely different while still leaving traces of the original photo. Like the style Andy Warhol’s works or Obama’s ‘Hope’ poster? Create new versions of the photos you love. “Repix is the perfect tool to create a photo that really stands out from the crowd,” said Ilkka Teppo, CEO and founder, Sumoing. “Repix gives people the freedom to create something special.”
Once a user has chosen a photo, the road to their masterpiece begins. With an impressive suite of style brushes, Repix offers a photo editing experience like no other; opt for example for Van Gogh from the Artistic brushes and add Lens Flares to finish. The creative possibilities of how a photo can be remixed are endless.
The key features of Repix include:
- Remix photos using impressive suite of creative brushes that let you paint photos into stunning new remixes
- Create an unique masterpiece with effect brushes like Silk, Dotter, Edger and Posterize
- Boost colors with state-of-the art color boosting brushes like Hollywood, Vintage, Bleach and more
- Paint with the realistic artistic brushes like Drips, Hatching, Daubs, Van Gogh and more
- Use light brushes such as Lens Flare, Stars, Glow Smoke and more to add excitement to photos
- Perfect creations by altering adjustments such as temperature, vignetting, vibrance and more
- Repix comes with game changing RebecaTM engine that seamlessly integrates the power of the CPU and GPU. This proprietary real-time processing engine enables insane performance with maximum quality and without performance loss
- Studio-grade technology alongside a slick, clean intuitive interface to inspire new levels of creativity
- Snap a shot, choose photos from camera roll or import from Facebook
- Share creations with #repix to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram or email to friends
Repix aims to make it easy and fun to be creative with photos. “We wanted to enable everybody to be able to create something they’d be proud to show off to friends and family,” said Teppo. “A photo is a great platform to create and Repix makes it easier to become creative.”
“With Repix, we wanted to go far beyond the normal kinds of photo editing apps”, continued Teppo. “Photo editing is an incredibly competitive market but we firmly believe we offer something totally new and different. Repix inspires creativity in people and allows them to produce something totally unique that they are proud to share with the world.”